3 Ph.D. and 1 Postdoc position in Cybersecurity and AI
Cyber Science Lab, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
The Cyber Science Lab (CSL) is a research lab focused on advancing knowledge and practice in the security and privacy of machine learning systems to build trustable ML agents for a variety of threat hunting, threat attribution and digital forensics tasks. In CSL we strive to impart values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in creating a world-class training environment. We are always looking forward working with talented candidates regardless of their nationality, gender, age, race, religious, etc.!
The Cyber Science Lab at the School of Computer Science of University of Guelph (https://www.uoguelph.ca/computing/) is currently looking for 3 Ph.D. and 1 Research Fellow/PostDoc (for two year) in the field of Cybersecurity and AI. These positions are fully-funded and are in different areas of cybersecurity and machine learning including but not limited to adversarial machine learning, AI-assisted digital forensics, AI risk assessment and security of critical infrastructure.
We look favorably to candidates meeting the following requirements:
- Strong passion in cybersecurity and AI and proven track in one or more of these areas: deep learning, machine learning, information security, digital forensics, malware analysis
- For PhD positions: Good first class MSc in Computer Science or closely related field (CGPA of 80+/100 or 17+/20 is mandatory).
- If English is not your first language, you must have an academic IELTS score (or equivalent) of 7 overall, with no less than 6.5 in each component.
- For the postdoc position: you need to have one or more publication as the first author in the following outlets:
- Journals: IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security; IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing; Elsevier Computers & Security; ACM Transactions on Privacy and Security
- Conferences: IEEE S&P; ACM CCS; USENIX; RAID
- An attractive funding package will be offered to successful applicants.
- Positions will be available from Sep 2023 an are open until suitable candidates are hired.
To apply, please drop and email to Dr. Ali Dehghantanha (Adehghan@uoguelph.ca) with a C.V including list of publications, MSc. transcript and your English language score (for PhD applicants). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted!