2 Ph.D. and 1 Postdoc position in AI-enabled Cybersecurity (Sep 2023 or Jan 2024 start)
I have 2 Ph.D. and 1 Research Fellow/PostDoc position available in the broad field of AI-enabled Cybersecurity to start by Sep 2023 or Jan 2024. These positions are fully funded and are focused on different areas of cybersecurity, including adversarial machine learning, AI-assisted digital forensics, AI-assisted penetration testing, and malware analysis. These positions are available until filled.
Requirements for Ph.D. positions:
- Good first-class MSc in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Cybersecurity or a closely related field (CGPA of 80+/100 or 17+/20 is mandatory)
- If English is not your first language, you must have an academic IELTS score (or equivalent) of 7 overall, with no less than 6.5 in each component by the time I make you an offer!
Hiring process for Ph.D. positions:
1. Apply by sending an email to “Adehghan@uoguelph.ca” with the subject “PhD Applicant 2023-2024” and attach your CV, MSc. transcript and your English score (if available). Please note that your email subject must be exactly as above (without quotations), and you need to include both your CV and MSc. transcript to be considered. Only applicants that apply through email will be considered (avoid messaging me on LinkedIn or Twitter please). You can provide your English score later on, but before receiving an official offer.
2. Selected applicants will be interviewed. At the end of the interview, you will be told if your application is selected for further processing.
3. All shortlisted candidates are required to work on a remote project with me. These projects are between 2-3month long and include conducting experiments and documenting findings. This process is to make sure that you are a fit to the lab.
4. An offer will be given to those successfully completing the remote project.
5. You need to provide your official English score at this stage (if you have not provided already) to receive an official offer.
For postdoc positions:
- You need to have one or more publications as the main author in the following outlets: IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security; IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing; IEEE S&P; ACM CCS; ACM USENIX.
- Your research background and interest should align with our research. Please note, that I am no more active in cryptography or blockchain areas and would not take any postdoc candidate in these domains.
- To apply, please drop an email to “email@example.com” with the subject “Postdoc Applicant 2023-2024”. Please attach your CV, and a copy of your paper(s) in the above outlets. Please note that your email subject must be exactly as above (without quotations) and you need to include all required documents to be considered.